Gin Rummy
Forum
LIVE
Play FREE or win CA$H Prizes!
Main Forum
Game Score in Tourneys

Game Score in Tourneys
Posted by Lacey (VIP) Jul 4 2006 5:56PM

This has been bothering me for awhile and I decided this was the place to ask to see if anyone else has any thoughts on the subject. Even before the TD's could check the scores without going to the tables, if you had a need for a comfort break, checking the oven or a myriad of other things while waiting to play, most TDs would oblige by taking a look and letting you know if you had time to do so. I only know of one TD that refuses to give this courtesy, although there may be others. (I don't play all the games.) :) I've decided to play in Main rather than join his tourneys. Am I being unreasonable?

I am here for the players
Posted by RoyalAzure (TD) Jul 4 2006 9:24PM

Serendipity I do not think it is unreasonable. As a TD I am here to not only to host tournaments but I am to help the players too. They come first. A player can choose what tourney to go to and what tourney not to go to. And if you do not like the way a TD runs a tourney, they are your tickets you do not have to support that tourney. The players are our customers and they are what keeps our tourney's going. Good luck Royal

So sorry Serendipity
Posted by 1okaylady (TD) Jul 5 2006 10:39AM

That is certainly not the 'norm'. I don't know why that would happen unless he was extremely busy at the time.....please don't let one instance keep you from playing in his tourneys...if it should happen again, then please use the 'Contact Us' link to voice your concerns again.. Running a tourney is more than just telling players who and what is going on next. I love to host for ALL my friends....you keep us going also... But ALL hosts are individuals also and host in their own different ways...but you are certainly entitled to know a table score if the TD has the time....as I know that 'breaks' are urgently needed sometimes, and beyond anyones control... Thanks for you continued support Serendipity....enjoy all of your games and good luck in tourney play.

GAME SCORES
Posted by ExactlyOdo (VIP) Jul 5 2006 11:40PM

I'VE PLAYED IN OVER 600 TOURNAMENTS AND HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS EVER REFUSED. I'VE SAID THIS BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN. THE LIVE SCORES SHOULD BE POSTED AS THEY'RE BEING PLAYED. THIS WAY WE CAN JUDGE TO SEE IF WE HAVE TOME FOR A CHORE OR WHATEVER. (FOR ME ITS A SMOKE) SO FAR NOBODY FROM GC HAS GIVEN ME A REASON AS TO WHY THEY WON'T POST THE SCORES.

devils advocate here....
Posted by jag-girl (VIP) Jul 8 2006 7:33PM

I, like the next guy, would find it convenient if game scores were posted but......consider this; there would always be that player who overestimates the amount of time they have to run for that smoke or chore. Scores can change quickly in this game. Maybe, the powers that be are trying to avoid even more delays. :)

all hope is not lost hon....
Posted by utahma (TD) Jul 9 2006 8:48PM

Hi there.....I usually host over in cribbage, and most of the time I don't even wait for players to ASK the score - I try to keep posting frequently, because I know how tiring it can get just waiting, even more so here in rummy sometimes, where the wait may be longer........do NOT be afraid to ask for the score.....I do understand all TDs run tourneys differently, but we are still supposed to be in the business of customer service, and we SHOULD aim to please our players :) Just an opinion - I agree that players should come first. Sometimes when I don't have a lot to say or my players are especially quiet, posting frequent scores kind of lets us all know we're still there :) Happy playing - hope you'll join one of my tourneys too :) Christy aka UtahMa

GC Store